What California Residents Should Know Before Moving to a Foreign Country

by | Jan 14, 2021 | Legal Services

Many have decided that moving to a different country is in the best interests of their family considering the coronavirus pandemic. They may have lost their job or may be dealing with other situations that require them to make a move to provide for their family and experience other benefits.

Before a person makes a move to a different country, they need to closely examine requirements laid out by foreign countries for getting residency. It may be possible for you to buy a plane ticket and enter the country with a tourist visa. While you can arrive to your destination in this way, you should be aware that most tourist visas only last 30 to 90 days. After that point, you will need to apply for residency.

You will need various documents to apply for residency in other countries. If the country you are thinking about moving to is a member of the 1961 Hague Convention Treaty, they will require documents like birth certificates, marriage certificates, and police records that have appropriate seals. You will need to find

document Apostille services to get these seals. Before making your move, make sure you fully understand how to get Document Apostille services and which documents are needed.

It is wise to plan your budget around the visa or residency you will be required to get. You may need to hire a lawyer, leave the country, or pay for other expenses associated with getting residency.

Learn how US Authentication Services handles document certification for personal and corporate documents by visiting their website at https://www.usauthentication.com/.

Latest Articles